Welcome to Anne’s Answers, a FREE service to help you on the spot whenever you have a question about English grammar, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure—anything that’s holding you up. Just email me at email@example.com and unless I’m asleep, I’ll answer right away. No charge!
I’m offering Anne’s Answers because it’s something I do every day anyway. Friends and colleagues email or call me with questions about word choice, plurals, subject-verb agreement, or where to put the apostrophe.
What do I have that other writers don’t?
- 25 years of experience in the art and business of writing for publication;
- an ear for the rhythm that separates good writing from a ho-hum script;
- a library filled with reference books on writing, including some big, heavy, expensive books you’d never buy unless you were an editor yourself;
- a compulsion to work late into the night, when you are most likely to be panicking over a term paper, a client project, or the homework you forgot for tomorrow’s writing workshop; and
- a desire to help you look your best and sound your best—in writing!
Got a question? Get Anne’s Answers right now!
To see what others are asking (and how we answered), click here.